New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1588

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 4 ***Spoilers***
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately my warriors are so horribly mistimed, or just plain horrible, I'm not much threat for an award for my alliance (barring Gregola's replacement being a stunner rookie candidate).

Don't you old fogey teams have like dozens of dead warriors you can send for TV points?

Some of them certainly plan to.
And we will too. Smile

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Historian wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
has dwayne ever admitted to being Raven yet?

Sorry, as I've said before, you guys are genuinely getting your asses kicked by a bunch of newbies. I PM'd them and told them to delurk but they either stopped coming here or are intimidated by y'all. As you can see, they registered here long before the contest started. Heck, it was Wayne who invited them!

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1032&sid=79fc1fdf51a1322e7af3fc455a9b2cef

I don't know if the other members of the X-Syndicate are checking out the forums, but I am. I just don't know what to say, to be honest. Being a relative novice, I don't quite understand most of the jargon yet. But, I think I'm catching on.

I did find it funny, though, that someone thought I was Doc Steele. I'm new to the game, and I don't know much, but I know who he is! That was pretty funny (and a gross over-estimation of my skill at this game).

The Historian

Welcome to the comment section. Glad you are getting into it. Nothing like early successes. Well done. (and on the "writing" too!)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Azrael wrote:
Whoo-hoo,!!! 0-5 and a death. Man I represent well in contests. Oh well now I am glad for the Illuminati team numbers. If we can all figure out how to start winning maybe collectively we can keep up with that TC. If not, we will figure something out.

Question-- Can you avoid TC/TV challenges?

Absolutely! However, the odds are far less in your favor compared to avoiding a "regular". AVOID!!!

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Historian wrote:
I don't know if the other members of the X-Syndicate are checking out the forums, but I am. I just don't know what to say, to be honest. Being a relative novice, I don't quite understand most of the jargon yet. But, I think I'm catching on.

I did find it funny, though, that someone thought I was Doc Steele. I'm new to the game, and I don't know much, but I know who he is! That was pretty funny (and a gross over-estimation of my skill at this game).

The Historian

Not much jargon. We are just lamenting the fact that we are getting our tails handed to us by relative newcomers to the game. It is quite humorous and sad at the same time.

We think the scoring system sucks, but as someone pointed out--we knew the system before we started, so we can't really complain about it now.

Welcome to the game. Glad you are having fun, and take anything said on here with a grain of salt. Good to see you in DM and involved in the forums.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A question for the collective:

I thought Baph clarified very clearly that only the HIGHEST multiplier was used to figure a warrior's total,when a TV/TC was also a champ? (ie if your champ was a TC you got 10X not 10X2X=20X).

With this fact how could the kill(5 pts) equal 200 pts? Even so how does 20*5 not equal only 100 points. When my champ wins the other team doesn't lose 4 points it loses 2 so when he killed the other teams champ how did he get the extra multiplier for the dead warrior? This system is all scroogie!

I thought it should've equaled 50 pts not 100 or god forbid 200!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
lightningstrikes
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since both warriors were Champs, it's 5 * 2 * 2 * 10 = 200 points. I don't know what Baphomet said or not, but that's how it looks like he's scoring it to me.

When your Champ wins a challenge against someone else's warrior that team does indeed lose 4 points. When your champ challenges another champ and wins, it's worth 8 points.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, as I've said before, you guys are genuinely getting your asses kicked by a bunch of newbies. I PM'd them and told them to delurk but they either stopped coming here or are intimidated by y'all. As you can see, they registered here long before the contest started. Heck, it was Wayne who invited them!

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1032&sid=79fc1fdf51a1322e7af3fc455a9b2cef

Manager couldn't possibly be Raven because she actually won a TC fight and--unless it is Primus--Manager can only seem to runner-up... <ZING!>

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Manager couldn't possibly be Raven because she actually won a TC fight and--unless it is Primus--Manager can only seem to runner-up... <ZING!>

Yeah, and besides he is too busy stuffing the ballot box for surveys about insignificant TC prizes!

Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, here's the plan...gonna go tourney crazy. With the scoring as it is someone's gonna have to have their alliance perform extremely well in the tournament. And even then it may take numbers to over ride this. So either some alliance needs a couple TC's or a world of TV's. (hopefully the Illuminati numbers will work for us...now to only get those TV's.....)

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I hate you.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I hate you.

In TOGS that would have been defined as an "ace" for The Sentinel.

Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately my warriors are so horribly mistimed, or just plain horrible, I'm not much threat for an award for my alliance (barring Gregola's replacement being a stunner rookie candidate).

Don't you old fogey teams have like dozens of dead warriors you can send for TV points?

Some of them certainly plan to.
And we will too. Smile

Personally I think the next TW should implement a cap on this. How fair is this towards all the new teams?

Maximillian

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic