New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of 14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Doc_Steele
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Doc_Steele wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Adie wrote:
Seraphim53 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I'm in an 'Invading' mood right at the moment. Also If I've had a team in Tobir for a decade would I be attacker or defender?

In Aruak, even Doc Steele seems to be an ok addition since he actually stuck around and is our habitual nemesis to try and beat up on. I'm sure the Consortium has a record against him that is no small laughing matter, and it's flaunted a lot in the ads.

for those who are interested .....

Consortium Total = 12-3
Bulldogs = 4-1
Animal Farm = 5-1
Colorific = 3-1

ST = 3-0
BA = 3-0
WS = 1-0
TP = 3-1
LU = 2-1
SL = 0-1

Wayne,

I had no idea you share my passion for keeping score. While you have been doing very well against me lately, you score is not accurate. I have been keeping score for all of my fights since I got to Aruak City on an excel spread sheet. The rather embarrassing, but accurate current score is:

Colorific 3-5
Animal Farm 1-5
Bulldogs 3-6

Consortium 16
Doc Steele 7

While we are on the subject of scores, I might as well post my overall arena record against the entire field with all 3 of my teams:

Doc Steele 74
Aruak City 70

I’ll be happy to update these scores for you since I already update my sheet each turn. That way I know we will have a full and accurate total. I hope to be able to justify the extra Dm budget money to match you with 3 full teams in the future, but for now I’ll chisel away with one.

I actually thought that your bragging about individual wins behavior in the ads was a bit of role-playing bravado. It is interesting to know that this is the real you. I’m glad I signed up for this board deal finally, who knows what you people have been saying when I was not looking.

Scott aka Doc Steele

Doc, your passion is shared , but only in certain circumstances. Since the invasion events of you and your cohorts "brought us back to the game", we/I keep close track of the "reason for the investment" and, of course, based on the numbers, it appears to have paid off.

The numbers posted for Aruak, were to be the "current warriors" status - meaning only those of the Consortium warriors actually currently in Aruak City. (12-3 appx 80%) But I agree.accept that the overall is (16-7 appx 70%) in The Consortium favor.

We look forward to the continued competition in Aruak City The Heart & Soul of Andoria.

P.S. Glad to see you on this site.

Wayne,

I am having fun with arena 11. Well at least I did when I wrote my Dm column the other day. Check out the column in the new turn when it comes out and I am sure we'll talk again. It covers some of my feelings on the invasion and respecting Aruak City traditions and so on.

Thanks for the welcome to the board.

Scott aka Doc Steele
Doc_Steele
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Adie wrote:
Seraphim53 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I'm in an 'Invading' mood right at the moment. Also If I've had a team in Tobir for a decade would I be attacker or defender?

In Aruak, even Doc Steele seems to be an ok addition since he actually stuck around and is our habitual nemesis to try and beat up on. I'm sure the Consortium has a record against him that is no small laughing matter, and it's flaunted a lot in the ads.

for those who are interested .....

Consortium Total = 12-3
Bulldogs = 4-1
Animal Farm = 5-1
Colorific = 3-1

ST = 3-0
BA = 3-0
WS = 1-0
TP = 3-1
LU = 2-1
SL = 0-1

APOLOGIES TO ALL

Looking back at having posted this information, we wish we had not posted it. No matter what the purpose, it is easy to interpret that this was posted as bragging and attempting to belittle someone.

Doc Steele is a DM Hall Of Famer and is highly respected within the game. We (and our boss, Wayne) apologize to him and to all DMers for the posting.

Consortium,

That was a pleasant surprise and rather classy of you.

Thank you.

Scott aka Doc Steele
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Oh, and Soultaker and Sentinel must be on the Andorian side for any further negotiations to proceed.

Who does the Delarquan side have to counter? There has always been a problem getting elite Delarquans for regional contests. You want Soultaker and Sentinel, we want TUM and The Muffin Man.
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Oh, and Soultaker and Sentinel must be on the Andorian side for any further negotiations to proceed.

Who does the Delarquan side have to counter? There has always been a problem getting elite Delarquans for regional contests. You want Soultaker and Sentinel, we want TUM and The Muffin Man.

Too bad I'm not Elite

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
Doc_Steele
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

If a good contest actually developed I would recruit heavily. I would certainly expect TUM and Muffin Man to participate. I would work to get my entire (all 4 of us) alliance to give it a go. I would imagine I could convince Guardian to jump on board as well. I would not worry about participation at this stage; I would worry about the rules and format. I can not recruit or even commit myself until I know what we are doing. If you build it, they will come.

And I was actually asking for Soultaker and Sentinel because they are old rivals that I really enjoy competing against. I was not trying to demand “elite” participation. But now that I say that, I would want a limited number of teams per region like an all-star team. Not just anyone who showed up. Nothing bothers me more than when the Battle Royal in Talcama starts with 40 teams and as soon as the field has 2 rough turns we drop to 20. 10 turns later we have 15 and so on.

Whose contest idea was this in the first place? It was the DOOMcorps was it not? Do you guys have this planned out already?

Doc_Steele
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Seraphim53"]
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Too bad I'm not Elite[/quote

I would want to go to war with a group of good players who would stay the course and work hard to win. Elite players is a rather subjective term, but I would say that most elite players are jaded, bored, and lazy when it comes to Dm. That is not the right recipe for victory. I would need commitments from even the “hall of fame” players that they would work at winning and not just coast, or I would not want them on my side. To be honest, I would have to ask myself the same questions.

Again I say let’s see some rules and format from the organizers of this contest and then we’ll talk about players. Getting Delarquans and Andorians to agree on rules will be a miracle in of itself.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
And I was actually asking for Soultaker and Sentinel because they are old rivals that I really enjoy competing against. I was not trying to demand “elite” participation. But now that I say that, I would want a limited number of teams per region like an all-star team. Not just anyone who showed up. Nothing bothers me more than when the Battle Royal in Talcama starts with 40 teams and as soon as the field has 2 rough turns we drop to 20. 10 turns later we have 15 and so on.

I know you weren't trying to demand it. My only thought was a team of me-Wayne-Soultaker-Sentinel would be a pretty formidable base and it would be zero fun for any of us to squash a bunch of inexperienced Delarquans. As a competitive person, I want to play against the best. (As do you, I'm sure) The managers wouldn't have to be "elite", like you said, but they would certainly have to at least have a basic idea of design and strategy and pay attention enough to make their challenges every turn.

Anyway, let's wait for the rules to come out first. If the competition is a good idea with a good format, it should sell itself.
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

I know you weren't trying to demand it. My only thought was a team of me-Wayne-Soultaker-Sentinel would be a pretty formidable base and it would be zero fun for any of us to squash a bunch of inexperienced Delarquans. As a competitive person, I want to play against the best. (As do you, I'm sure) The managers wouldn't have to be "elite", like you said, but they would certainly have to at least have a basic idea of design and strategy and pay attention enough to make their challenges every turn.

Anyway, let's wait for the rules to come out first. If the competition is a good idea with a good format, it should sell itself.

As 22 continues to dwindle in size, I find myself looking for something to spark my interest a bit more. This sounds like it would be a good test. I'd definately like to toss my hat in the ring if something gets off the ground.

-Detective Kellumbo
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Wait for the rules, huh? Well let's start some smash-mouthin' right here - right now. No avoids, we hear? Shore ' nuff. No challenges/no avoids. We can live without 'em. (We can live with both, too.)

Where's that there rule committee?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now It's starting to sound exciting! Too bad we can't make TOGS into a regional contest, those rules are already set.

If the No-tourney arena never comes to fruition I'll have extra budget, just in case the question comes up when the larqs start choosing teams. Contests are definately an added bonus to the fun meter

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seraphim53 wrote:
Now It's starting to sound exciting! Too bad we can't make TOGS into a regional contest, those rules are already set.

If the No-tourney arena never comes to fruition I'll have extra budget, just in case the question comes up when the larqs start choosing teams. Contests are definately an added bonus to the fun meter

Aradi is a great place, but TOGS is such a completely different environment - role playing/writing that it probably is not a good scenario for this all-out regional war scenario. And some of us would really miss not having a TOGS.

And a question for Mr Managerr .....
The last time we paired up on a teaming event, we didn't exactly light up the place. (More like stank it up. Embarassed ) What makes either of us think that The Sentinel or Soultaker would want to be saddled with either or both of us Question

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The last time we paired up on a teaming event, we didn't exactly light up the place. (More like stank it up. Embarassed ) What makes either of us think that The Sentinel or Soultaker would want to be saddled with either or both of us Question

Simple. The Sentinel can't resist the urge to try and carry teammates on his back. The more worthless the team, the more likely he'll want to be on it.

Meanwhile, Soultaker is the opposite, once you provide a back for him to ride on, he will hop on!

That said, I have zero doubts that if we re-ran TOGS III with the same teams and everyone's current abilities, we'd easily win most times. I am a much better manager than I was then and I was foolish (then) to leave my scum at home.
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Oh, my! With Docs renewal, and your conviction it would appear that Kennelworth, Mino, and Purple People Eater are in for a tussle. This can only be good for Aruak City.

Hehe, 3 active Delarquans in Aruak City (Doc, Seraphim, and myself) is gonna cause the werecats to have kittens? Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Oh, my! With Docs renewal, and your conviction it would appear that Kennelworth, Mino, and Purple People Eater are in for a tussle. This can only be good for Aruak City.

Hehe, 3 active Delarquans in Aruak City (Doc, Seraphim, and myself) is gonna cause the werecats to have kittens? Twisted Evil

God; I hope not. I'm not what you would call a cat person. They're annoying and highly ignorant of the rules a pet should follow. As far as kittens go they're cute for a while, but I have yet to see one that didn't eventually become a cat. Then cats have more kittens and before you know it you have a cat 'problem'

Then of course I'd have to put them out of my misery.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea is Polarius' and, I don't want to speak out of turn, a bit influenced by Slaughter Priest's(GameOgre,Richh10) hopes of finding a contest to rejuvenate 14 some day to it's original glory of the mid-80s. It seems that it would be a TOGS like contest where there is no "massive prize bundle" to win. But the winning side would take affiliation of Tobir city (permanent or temporary). I Know Muffin Man has a team, that appears from time to time, in Tobir. I think any aspiration of a pure 20 V 20 or 30 V 30 would be hard to settle up but I agree that it would be best that we not end up with a 25 V 10-12 situation. Again as it is a little ways off, as planned in May-ish, perhaps some dialogue with Polarius between interested parties would help him determine some of the yet undecided details to make this a success and joy for all!

And hopefully we can all do this respectfully, as I know I don't always do, whether you all believe or not that I love to spice things up on here by going a bit outside myself I'm not ignorant to the fact that I fly off on to a far a tangent sometimes even for RP Wink

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic