New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1588

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - klk vs. V@U
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
RTR wrote:
Darque wrote:
blackstorm wrote:
V@U stood for Vendett@united after leaving the VC over a big mess. Those members have since formed a new aliance called the Desolate Empire. Managers include myself, Toker,Goat,Wasby as well as many others.

As a simple clarification, the only person mentioned in this list that was once a member of the VC is Goat. Someone may have changed a managerial name that I am not aware of on the list, but to use the wording "members" is a bit misleading.

What about Abraxis?
SHHHHHHHHH........

It will be interesting seeing you 'two groups" go at each other in the next Alliance Swampfest in 47. The competition cn be brutal.

we expect to see an announcement within 6 weeks or so for an event that will start just prior to the Winter Face. (est Dec06)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Decimus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oz, would you be hosting this contest? Or are you planning on me hosting the Turf War 5? Please, tell me you are planning on doing this. I
will if pressed, but life is getting alittle chaotic. Hopefully, soon...the things which are most troublesome will resolve itself. Let me know

--Decimus (AKA: Baphomet)
--Superior minds have always encountered violent opposition from
mediocre minds (Albert Einstein)
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the current incarnation of the TurfWar rules? Depending on how complex the scoring is, I may be able to cobble together an application to automatically track scoring similar to how I track the Ten Turn/Annual Reviews.

Known primarily for being a wise-ass
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I found a copy of what I think are the last TW's rules (turn 223). If the rules stay the same, I'm pretty sure all of that can be tracked programmatically (if nothing else, the majority of it can be tracked programmatically). However, I'll need plenty of warning beforehand if you want me to code up something to do that. I'll need time to write the code and test it out/have the results verified before the contest begins.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Decimus wrote:
Oz, would you be hosting this contest? Or are you planning on me hosting the Turf War 5? Please, tell me you are planning on doing this. I
will if pressed, but life is getting alittle chaotic. Hopefully, soon...the things which are most troublesome will resolve itself. Let me know

--Decimus (AKA: Baphomet)
--Superior minds have always encountered violent opposition from
mediocre minds (Albert Einstein)

We Consortiumites are finally planning on hosting it, but do not want to "step on anyones toes"

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drake wrote:
Okay, I found a copy of what I think are the last TW's rules (turn 223). If the rules stay the same, I'm pretty sure all of that can be tracked programmatically (if nothing else, the majority of it can be tracked programmatically). However, I'll need plenty of warning beforehand if you want me to code up something to do that. I'll need time to write the code and test it out/have the results verified before the contest begins.

drake, my old friend, we would be pleased to have you do something like that for us. We will be posting rules soon.

Do you have an outside contact we can use?

Ours is wfms101@aol.com or cell 864-940-6848

(and if anyone calls to solicit, we will sick our old and weakening, but still functioning mafia brothers on them!)

blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great! The desolate Empire and all my brothers look forward to the next TW. I have just recieved our constitution yesterday.... Things are going to become very interesting indeed. Very Happy

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings to Drake, I cannot remember if we met before or not. I've been around a while and you seem familiar. In any case your reputation preceeds you, its great to have you back and may your stay with us be long and fun!

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Do you have an outside contact we can use?

My email address is in my user profile. The needed edits should be pretty obvious. Send me an email and I'll send along my phone. However, good luck catching me by phone. I'm also on Yahoo Instant Messenger as "Netzilla".

Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
Greetings to Drake, I cannot remember if we met before or not. I've been around a while and you seem familiar. In any case your reputation preceeds you, its great to have you back and may your stay with us be long and fun!

Don't thing we ever ran across each other. If we did, we didn't much register on each other's radars. As you can see, though, a few folks around here know me. I'm probably one of the more laid-back managers around.

JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another Turf War?! Nice.

I'm sure I could convince Seraphim to jump in, but as for the other brothers in the alliance....

If there is somewhere to read the rules on the contest (assuming they would be similiar) where would they be?

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Another Turf War?! Nice.

I'm sure I could convince Seraphim to jump in, but as for the other brothers in the alliance....

If there is somewhere to read the rules on the contest (assuming they would be similiar) where would they be?

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a047t224.htm

Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drake wrote:

A program like this is what we used to keep score for the Madness contest, a real lifesaver let me tell you. I would be willing to help in any way that I could if help was needed.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
Drake wrote:

A program like this is what we used to keep score for the Madness contest, a real lifesaver let me tell you. I would be willing to help in any way that I could if help was needed.

What language did you write it in? The Annual Report software is written in VB6, but I was planning on moving it to Java in the near future. So, if I do code for the Turf War, it's likely to be in Java unless something is needed in a hurry.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic