New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1578

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Mordant
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Spread the word!! Pillow talk. Blackmail. Whatever! Twisted Evil

I see how you plan on getting the klk in there!

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Polarius

However they communicate. I just post here. Laughing

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The more, the merrier!

Is good to be back playing again. I forgot how anxious I get when waiting for turns to arrive via snail-mail, after viewing them online first. LOL

Ya know, JGW, the Dark Arena was created for JUST that purpose. *grin* Try one at a time, or swallow the medicine in one gulp. Either way, it works wonders for a team. Trust me. Twisted Evil

Yeah, but the DA option lowers winning percentage in the long run... wins wins wins... that's what it is about in the arena...

Also, I'd have to burn the $1.50 for the turn for the warrior to run. I'm more into running that warrior if he can win; not for getting another replacement... We'll see though. I have a team I have transfered in that has five solid warriors, so that takes care of the olympic needs.

More ramblings from a desperate man...

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Polarius

Polarius - interesting avatar there. Yes, indeed.

If you need change, there's always Monica too. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Consortium,

I actually thought of you when I saw this avatar! On the DOOMcorps site I use an "ACLU" avatar with the same kind of "C".

I think they are both very fitting for the times!

And I can always say as a "Compassionate Conservative" I'm trying to give Hillary some free advertising!

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, seems as if RSI DIDN'T transfer my team out of 1, so at least I have something to start with.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Well, seems as if RSI DIDN'T transfer my team out of 1, so at least I have something to start with.

Sweet! Maybe there will be a real title fight in there some time soon. I may actually pop in there next turn, definitely after the tourney.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got my new ID numbers for two teams transferred to Mordant, and I can't wait for the olympics to begin. What was the start date anyways? Laughing

Lord Xiang; these teams are more for running all five warriors so you will see a full participation from my teams, along with my tourney warrior getting ready for the F2F... but don't let that get out... it's a secret! Laughing

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Just got my new ID numbers for two teams transferred to Mordant, and I can't wait for the olympics to begin. What was the start date anyways? Laughing

Start time looks to be after Tempe. Warming up before hand is a good thing, however.

Quote:
Lord Xiang; these teams are more for running all five warriors so you will see a full participation from my teams, along with my tourney warrior getting ready for the F2F... but don't let that get out... it's a secret! Laughing

My word that I won't mention it before you do! Wink

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Sweet! Maybe there will be a real title fight in there some time soon. I may actually pop in there next turn, definitely after the tourney.

I just took the throne this past turn. Felt like a real Title Challenge fight to me! Granted, only two teams in range at the moment, although a third is coming close.

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
I just took the throne this past turn. Felt like a real Title Challenge fight to me! Granted, only two teams in range at the moment, although a third is coming close.

Hehe, I definitely offer my congrats on your taking of the throne! However, it was skillfully plucked from what should be considered a stand in for all intents and purposes. I was really speaking of the fact that it looks like no one will be able to touch your title for a few turns. That and the fact that I think Tripwire has a solid challenger in your range. I'm sure you would find it much more gratifying to defeat someone of Tripwire's caliber for the throne than you do from defeating some Filler Fodder for it!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Hehe, I definitely offer my congrats on your taking of the throne! However, it was skillfully plucked from what should be considered a stand in for all intents and purposes. I was really speaking of the fact that it looks like no one will be able to touch your title for a few turns. That and the fact that I think Tripwire has a solid challenger in your range. I'm sure you would find it much more gratifying to defeat someone of Tripwire's caliber for the throne than you do from defeating some Filler Fodder for it!

Nah! I only have 2 warriors on the team that are worth anything. 1 has held the throne I think 3 times now and is probably going to graduate his next fight. A mediocre slasher Twisted Evil The other is a good arena warrior and the other 3 are DA's. It will definately be a fun challenge to work this team into anything resembling a good team. I think I am like 25-25 with the current team in there. I should be active after the mailer.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:

Yes, and no. I 'plucked' the throne on my challenge, true, but I matched up for a Title fight my first turn back and was, what was that word? Subdued. One of the things I like about PLs is their versitality. Twisted Evil Tweaked my strat, and call me DM Cool

Not only that, but if I keep the throne for one or two more turns, I'll be gone. My next warrior isn't in range...yet.

And the way Brick Wall is learning, he'll be 100FE before he gets his ratings for graduation! Isn't there some upper limit that takes tons of PP and FE into account without ratings to force a graduation?

Anywho...thanks for the grats! Hope to see those of you showing interest in Mordant soon!!

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Nah! I only have 2 warriors on the team that are worth anything. 1 has held the throne I think 3 times now and is probably going to graduate his next fight. A mediocre slasher Twisted Evil The other is a good arena warrior and the other 3 are DA's. It will definately be a fun challenge to work this team into anything resembling a good team. I think I am like 25-25 with the current team in there. I should be active after the mailer.

Smile Can't wait!

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

**Amen to that! I hate Employee fluff teams in my arenas. I'm not sure what purpose they are supposed to serve other than cheapening the arena with easy wins. Granted I skill rape the 30-40 FE losers every chance I get, but it is much more gratifying beating an opponent that cares and is trying.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic