New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1626

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Free to a good home
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These might be good for a few laughs.... or not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 2 BLUE'S CLUES (543)
STEVE (2-4653)
HANDY DANDY NOTEBOOK (2-4657) [
SLIPPERY SOAP (2-4656)
MAILBOX (2-4655)
BLUE (2-4654)
*NOTE - Zalgor said this was an exact copy of a roll up he had previously received although the team name escapes me at the time. He apparently had good luck with them, but was less than pleased about my choice of names *shrug*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 5 PAPER MARIO (457)

BOMBETTE (5-4399)
TWINK (5-4396)
TUBBA BLUBBA (5-4395)
SUSHIE (5-4394)
STAR ROD (5-4391)

*NOTE - A rookies team created at a Hexicon, another case of a "total lack of inspiration"
DM 12 TALLON ZEK (470)

ANTEKERAH (12-4462)
CYDONIE (12-4469)
JYLAR (12-4465)
TORSON (12-4464)
OZZMAR (12-4463)
*NOTE - EQ fans should recognize the team name if they played PVP, a tribute to my fellow guides wherever they may be.
DM 33 LA JOYEUX COCHON (560)

ASKELIA (33-6510)
KATI ANCHO (33-6752)
CLOTHILDE (33-6702)
SUKEENA (33-6701)
NINKA (33-6652)
*NOTE - This was an arena contest team a while back, Askelia was runner up at a F2F against Soultaker's AB. The name, roughly translated, is "The Happy Pig" and was meant to be the name of a house of ill repute, hence the entirely female roster (My apologies to you man whores out there Razz) I got some razzing about Sukeena's name... obviously they never saw Rose Red *shrug*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 36 FRILLYSTITCHERS (555)

THERESA (36-6339)
CHARLIZE (36-6343)
THIMBLETINA (36-6342)
FRIEDA (36-6341)
PAULA (36-6340)
*NOTE- I made this team up after the mass exodus of DOOMcorps members into the Frothingslosher's Syndicate, the names are either a feminized form of the original name or the product of my own special brand of humor.
DM 38 DENNY'S BKFAST (367)

FLAPJACK (38-4522)
ROOTIE TOOTIE (38-4483)
FREEDOM TOAST (38-4482)
VEGGIELETTE (38-4149)
JILESNASPEEDO (38-4146)
*NOTE - I made this team up at breakfast with Jiles and company one year prior to the start of a F2F, unfortunately I was not at my best and used the menu as a name generator... Jile's namesake was a source of amusement for all involved, although he's been pretty kick ass, and not because of the resulting nausea in his opponents at the magnificent sight *wink*
DM 45 SHIELD SWORN (421)

THYATIS (45-3654)
MIKELE (45-3658) [
KHADIJAH (45-3657)
TAIYA (45-3656)
KRISTA (45-3655)
*NOTE - This team was created after an all-arenas message was sent with some smack talk about slaughtering all defensive styles that dared to set foot in the arena, unfortunately my compatriots who originally thought it might be an amusing diversion decided that it wasn't worth the money to prove a point, and we never went through with it. I think the smack talkers were the Crimson Alliance, but my memory fails me.
DM 51 ASHWOOD AVENGERS (518)

K-ARNITON (51-4870)
K'ALAMINE (51-4718)
K'IKA (5104717)
K'ATRASHA (51-4715)
*NOTE - Another contest team, this one was a regional fight to see which was the "best," the Freeblader's won (congrats Iver). I can't help but thinking the final warrior's name was intentionally altered to reflect the editor's opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 57 THE GOLDEN TORC (499)

RAMAPITHECUS (57-4325)
EADONE (57-4324)
DIONKET (57-4306)
BREDE SHIPSPOUSE
THAGDAL (57-4304)
*NOTE- This team is named after characters from a flea market find book, I recommend it highly. Unfortunately, I no longer have the book and cannot remember the author's name who wrote it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 65 ILLUVATAR RUEL (456)

GARBAGE (65-5764)
AVANNA KEMENTARI (65-5763)
VATAR (65-5641)
NAHAR VALOROMA (65-5640)
TULKAS ASTALDO (65-4714)

*NOTE - This is my first team, created at a Hexicon. Zalgor's Hegemon took the TC and I was runner up, later he DA'd the warrior I believe, but Orome Aldaron is in ADM...there's irony for you. There is another team with names drawn from the Simarillion, however before they were, I AM. so...there Razz
DM 65 RIALLA (542)

IANTHE (65-4947)
CHIANA (65-4967)
POL (65-4950)
KIELE (65-4949)
ROHAN (65-4948)
*NOTE - This team is also based on a scifi/fantasy series, I can picture the cover art but the title escapes me. Sioned was Rohan's love interest and a redhead, and something with dragons *shrug* The most I remember about running them is some wit making fun of Pol(pot)'s name after a victory over him.
DM 74 CREDENDO VIDES (355)

HARPY (74-3026)
ARCHIMEDES (74-3025)
CAPTAIN MALACHI (74-3009)
OBERON (74-3007)
BOS'N ELI (74-2685)
*NOTE - This team was named after a beautifully illustrated book by James Christensen - The Voyage of something... the name is latin for Believing is Seeing. The highlight is that Judith killed F.M. Sebastian, a ST I was pretty proud of, when I tried to take on her PS the round before the warrior left for ADM. I also had a PR I liked named Cassandra that was cut down in the prime of her career. Her sister, Miranda, was a brick of a TP I think....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 75 FIFTH QUARTER (184)

OTAVAS (75-3147)
ANNICE (75-3137)
ALBANNON (75-3104)
P'JERRIN (75-1972)
*NOTE - This team is named after the series by Tanya Huff, she also wrote some vampire/dectective type series as well. Vree (now in ADM) and her brother, Albannon, are assassins that end up switching bodies or something and then there are bards with powers to harness the elements, which are divided into quarters; Annice is in control of the "Fifth Quarter" which I forget what it is at this point.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 76 WILLOW (293)

AERIK (76-2442)
PECK (76-2434)
QUEEN BAVMORDA (76-2433)
ELORA DANAN (76-2303)
MADMARTIGAN (76-2302)
*NOTE - If you don't know this one...shame on you. I really like ED, her fights were always interesting, the kill was early in her career and was a surprise. I'm glad Willow has found a niche as the history professor (Flitwick???) in the HP franchise, certainly better than those Leprechaun movies *shudder*
DM 77 RECLUSE (358)

TAMRA (77-2438)
NYLAN (77-2444)
JUSTEN (77-2441)
ARYLYN (77-2440)
LERRIS (77-2439)
*NOTE - Inspiration taken from another good scifi/fantasy series; it's by L.E. Modesitt, the warriors are all a little one-sided, being named after wielders of the Black Order. I'm pretty sure this was a Hexicon team as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM 78 BEEF (218)

SIDE OF (78-1760)

WHERE'S THE (78-1764)
JERKY (78-1763)
CAKE (78-1762) [
ITSWHATS4DINNER (78-1761)
*NOTE - another quirky team concept/name created at a Hexicon, all I need now is a "mad cow"
DM 82 QUINCUNX (4752)

LAW (82-29164)
POWER (82-29162)
EQUITY (82-29160)
WEALTH (82-29159)
ARROGANCE (82-29158)
*NOTE - This was named after a suspense novel set in 18th Century London, the term refers to the pattern that the #5 on the dice forms although certain gutter minded folk (UC...you know who you are) had other ideas about the origin. The warrior names were "code names" for those involved in the intrigue against the protagonist. Can't remember the name of the author, Charles something....
DM 106

ILLUVATAR RUEL (921)

OROME ALDARON (65-4155)
SIMARILLION (65-4630)

FIFTH QUARTER (922)

VIREYDA (75-1914)
MAGDA (75-1916)
*NOTE - I might have fought these once each since coming to ADM, I honestly don't remember. I remember thinking how kick ass it was that Vree got a maul with her small stature Very Happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tl0i@netzero.com

Since I don't want to deal with the drama, I'd prefer you to take them as full teams (hey it's free...just kill and/or don't run the one's you don't want). I'd also like to think the names will remain the same but *shrug* such is life

--Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Tloi on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We will be glad to take the team in #5 off your hands.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Carnage has currently offered to take them all, but I think I might give it a bit longer (sniff, my babies are leaving home)

Travis has asked for #12 & #36... possibly #77 if there isn't someone with a stronger desire to have it.

--Terry Pratchett
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tloi wrote:
Carnage has currently offered to take them all, but I think I might give it a bit longer (sniff, my babies are leaving home)

Travis has asked for #12 & #36... possibly #77 if there isn't someone with a stronger desire to have it.

I will take the 3 that Travis asked for. Twisted Evil

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would be proud to take the teams from arena #2 and #57... I have a nephew that loves Blues Clues, and it would be a great way to get him hooked in the game... of course he is only five... lol

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
I would be proud to take the teams from arena #2 and #57... I have a nephew that loves Blues Clues, and it would be a great way to get him hooked in the game... of course he is only five... lol

yes well... after watching for a reaaaaaaaallllly long time, I've found that Steve has hidden sex appeal, but Joe leaves me feeling flat.

Has he discovered Dora the Explorer, she seems to be one hot mommacita for the pre-K set....

I dig Noggin myself, it usually has the good shows (i.e. one's that you don't have to worry about boring you to death after multiple reruns). I personally prefer the musical ones, Jack's Big Music Show, The Backyardigans (it's on Nick Jr.).... maybe you can use that for future teams... just name the team Noggin then you're covered for many different options.

I also recommend Laurie Berkner's "Victor Vito" albumn, my two youngest butcher the lyrics in a way that's quite engaging.... Moon, Moon, Moon is their favorite, but I prefer Fruit Salad Salsa. Their father is a stick in the mud however and thinks that it's inappropriate to listen to "kiddie" music of your own violition when they aren't in the car.... pfft!

--Terry Pratchett
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:

I will take the 3 that Travis asked for. Twisted Evil

Hrm, what's in this for me since I'm giving them away? Perhaps a no holds barred topless baby oil wrestling match at the next winter F2F, winner can claim said teams Twisted Evil

Jiles can play the part of the scantily clad "female" who holds up the card with the round number on it *snicker*

god.... I need a life ROFL

--Terry Pratchett
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tloi wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

yes well... after watching for a reaaaaaaaallllly long time, I've found that Steve has hidden sex appeal, but Joe leaves me feeling flat.

Oh, Steve punks Joe like nobody's business. Hands down.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about old-timers, or clueless, or just plain out-of-it, but we do not have the least idea what any of these "issues" are? (Except we know that our 3 year old grandson, Max, loves Dora The Explorer.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if no one has claimed the team called JOYEUX COCHON (560) from arena 33, i would love to have it.

jason young/youngblood

Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
if no one has claimed the team called JOYEUX COCHON (560) from arena 33, i would love to have it.

jason young/youngblood

Carnage asked for the lot, but is easygoing concerning not taking opportunity from others. I'll send the emails for you and Travis... I think that takes care of everybody but Carnage for now. Somehow I was hoping that Craig would want them, but I guess not since I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

--Terry Pratchett
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, to keep myself and everyone else clear --

DM's 2, 5, 12, 33, 36, 57, & 77 are no longer available.

I'll wait until next week and then decide if I'll renege and keep a couple for myself and pack the rest off to the house of Carnage Smile

Tloi

--Terry Pratchett
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tloi wrote:
pack the rest off to the house of Carnage Smile

Tloi

That is cruel and unusual punishment for a warrior

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Tloi wrote:
pack the rest off to the house of Carnage Smile

Tloi

That is cruel and unusual punishment for a warrior

Hrm, I should prepare for a visit from the LP's for blatant disregard of demi-human life......

You'll never catch me alive coppers!!!

--Terry Pratchett
_Carnage_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rats, I had forgotten where this thread was, so some of the goodies got picked out. I still like a few of the ones that I see in that lot. Looking forward to abusing them. Er... I mean making them abuse other warriors.

Carnage
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic