New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1578

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Game Changes
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would expect this forum to get quite a bit of traffic in the next few days...

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not unless you post something relevant to the topic. Or are you just seeing how many hits you get? That's evil...

TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In case no one has seen it, look at the grudge match results from Primus:

http://www.reality.com/f3700t17.htm

Notice anything weird there?
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well. lets see:

3 fights that went over 100 mins.

1 PS won

1 ST won

2 LU's lost

AB's went 3-3

Seems like a new strat or a bug was found in Primus.

Scott
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TMM wrote:

Do you guys think the endurance issue is a new discovery of an existing bug? Is it something new? I noticed the first abnormally long fight was in round nine, when 5 beat Sebastian in 60 minutes. When I first saw that, I thought maybe you'd both slowed way down. But, given what happened in the TC fight and the grudges, who knows?

Would any of the managers involved in the grudge matches care to make some very general comments?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_sandman_ wrote:
TMM wrote:

Do you guys think the endurance issue is a new discovery of an existing bug? Is it something new? I noticed the first abnormally long fight was in round nine, when 5 beat Sebastian in 60 minutes. When I first saw that, I thought maybe you'd both slowed way down. But, given what happened in the TC fight and the grudges, who knows?

Would any of the managers involved in the grudge matches care to make some very general comments?

This is CLEARLY what made the FTF so slow, rather than that piddly fight between The Muffun Man and Ourselves!

This whole revelation, new or old, is quite an interesting finding. Hmmmm.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Do you guys think the endurance issue is a new discovery of an existing bug? Is it something new?

Sort of, but not really. The Endurance thing could and probably was always there, but the other changes they made now allows it to happen.
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Do you guys think the endurance issue is a new discovery of an existing bug? Is it something new?

Sort of, but not really. The Endurance thing could and probably was always there, but the other changes they made now allows it to happen.

So, generally speaking, warriors would going longer in fights than they had in the past with the same or similar strategies? Or, did the program get tweaked at the same time strategies were altered?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The program got tweaked (RSI admitted this) the same time a bunch of people put in a favorites changes.

It is unknown if the program tweakage will continue though as this could have only been a one time thing. So in a nut shell--who knows? I did ask to see the program tweakage be put in the regular arena too, so we could see more of it's effects, but Lee wasn't overly excited about the idea of mailing hundreds of long Primus fights turn after turn.
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I made no changes to Sebastian and he went from being only able to stay up for about 22 mins on strategy X (fighting 5 running on strategy y) to lasting over 60 minutes with the exact same strats from both warriors. He also was able to throw crits in minutes 35-45 which is new too. Before once minute 11 ish was hit theer were no more crits to be had.

Also, a LU of mine that had never hit an open handed AB before came out and in back to back rounds beat both Rabid Gerbil and One Man Army. Thats different... but I like it Wink

My questions...

Is this Prims + Contenders only? ADM calsses only? Across the entire game but only noticable to maxxed out warriors?

What else is there that we haven't discovered?

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
I made no changes to Sebastian and he went from being only able to stay up for about 22 mins on strategy X (fighting 5 running on strategy y) to lasting over 60 minutes with the exact same strats from both warriors. He also was able to throw crits in minutes 35-45 which is new too. Before once minute 11 ish was hit theer were no more crits to be had.

Also, a LU of mine that had never hit an open handed AB before came out and in back to back rounds beat both Rabid Gerbil and One Man Army. Thats different... but I like it Wink

My questions...

Is this Prims + Contenders only? ADM calsses only? Across the entire game but only noticable to maxxed out warriors?

What else is there that we haven't discovered?

I really cannot comment on the very top end of the game and it may just be something I have never seen. But there was some very odd endurance stuff going on with my guys. But in a negative endurance way not a positive. I don't mind running poor endurance strikers/bashers etc but this time out they fell from exhaustion in like 2 swings? There were multiple people at my table asking about the same thing. A Basher of mine went 7 or 8 minutes against a scum with poor endurance. He was running 8-1-6. Thats not too abnormal. Then the very next fight he fights an AB and is gasping for breath and drops from exhaustion after 3 attacks in minute 1?!? Not sure if this is just very bad endurance rolls or whatever, but it seemed to be happening to alot of people at my table, not just my warriors.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What classes was this in? Now that I think about it it does seem like I had guys get tired oddly as well.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps the tweak was to raise endurance burn a bit (somewhere), and at the top, that means the ABs get pulled into the scum fest loop where they recover as fast as they lose it and run really long fights? Or something along those lines... <thinking outloud>

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For all we know, this wasn't a permanent game change too, and could really be an anomaly. We've had some weirdo tourneys in the past too. (See: Carnivorous Sloth, Gypsy Moth, etc.) I think it would be a poor decision to jump to any drastic conclusions and assume that any tweaking is 1.)Permanent and 2.)Done with. Let's see how things shake out.
Samwise
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
What classes was this in? Now that I think about it it does seem like I had guys get tired oddly as well.

I'm not ready to jump to the conclusion that something permanent has been done with the program. But, I do find it odd that I had a Good Endurance AB get winded in minute two. Another AB who in the past has gone 5+ minutes before getting winded got winded in the third minute of a fight in this tourney and lost to a warrior he'd be dominating to that point. <How's that for a run-on sentence!> I am certainly hoping this was an anomaly and not going to be the norm.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic