New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Arena 81 player goals
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aside from the Awards list in a different thread, I am going to try to keep track of many statistics and post results each turn.

Compostite Team Stylemaster awards. The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters.

Challenge win percentage. How often your warriors win when they challenge.

Challenge Defender rate. How often your warriors win when they WERE challenged.

Team Graduation Counter. Total team fights / Graduated Warriors.

Team Kill Percentage. Total of team Kills / Team Fights

Team Death Percentage. Total of Team Deaths / Team Fights

Team Bloodfued Rate. Number of Deaths / Bloodfued Revenged (Note that the Dark Arena will be counted as not-revenged)

Current Win Streak. Warrior that has the longest turns without losing or missing a turn.

Team Yahtzee counter. Number of times a team has gone 5-0

Team Bagle counter. Number of times a team has fought without a win.

Any other ideas?

Maybe we can get some web space here to keep a record of these awards.

Quote:
I will offer these Game Credit Awards in Arena 81.

The Honor of Sunset Award.
The first team to reach 10 Team Kills. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 10 Team Kills on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most kills. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Kills, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most Kills in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 10 Team Kills.)

The Race to Victory Award.
The first team to reach 75 Team Wins. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 75 Team wins on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most wins. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Wins, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most wins in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 75 Team Wins.)

The Commitment to Change Award.
The first team to reach 125 Team Fights. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 125 Team Fights on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most fights. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Fights, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most fights in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 125 Team Fights.) I hope I never give out this award {figure it out on your own.}

The Escaping Convicts Award.
The first team to graduate 5 warriors to ADM. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 5 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 6 warriors. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 6 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 7 warriors, and so on.

The Iron Throne Award.
The first team to hold the DuelMaster for 10 turns STARTING ON TURN 13.

The Stylemaster Award.
The first team to hold the Stylemaster Award in 7 different styles, STARTING ON TURN 13. If two teams obtain Stylemaster Awards in 7 styles on the same turn, the goal will be increased to 8 Styles.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html

Last edited by Deke on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow - you will be busy. I love all of this.

Perhaps....

Highest average points per warrior
or
highest team total for points. (Squad ranking, so to speak- imagine a squad withover 500 combined points)

Average point differential in challenges - up or down (Uhmmm....do we know if this is a Delarq, Andorian or Free Blade arena? Based on the desire for kills it is sounding rather Delarq)

Most turns over .500 in a row running a full squad.

Most times being "most avoided" team - not really an ongoing topic.

I kinda like the "team ranking" idea.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
Aside from the Awards list in a different thread, I am going to try to keep track of many statistics and post results each turn.

Compostite Team Stylemaster awards. The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters. How about the tOTAL number of stylemasterawards?

Team Bloodfued Rate. Number of Deaths / Bloodfued Revenged (Note that the Dark Arena will be counted as not-revenged)

Current Win Streak. Warrior that has the longest turns without losing or missing a turn.

Any other ideas?

Number of graduated warriors
Number of times the DA was used per team
Ratios of upchallenges/downchallenges
Number of times Duelmaster crown held

Quote:

$25 to the first team to reach 10 Team Kills. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 10 Team Kills on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most kills. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Kills, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most Kills in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 10 Team Kills.)

$25 to the first team to reach 75 Team Wins. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 75 Team wins on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most wins. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Wins, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most wins in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 75 Team Wins.)

$100 to the first team to reach 125 Team Fights. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 125 Team Fights on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most fights. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Fights, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most fights in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 125 Team Fights.) I hope I never give out this award {figure it out on your own.}

$25 to the first team to graduate 5 warriors to ADM. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 5 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 6 warriors. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 6 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 7 warriors, and so on.

The Iron Throne Award.
$25 to the first team to hold the DuelMaster for 10 turns STARTING ON TURN 13.

The Stylemaster Award.
$25 to the first team to hold the Stylemaster Award in 7 different styles, STARTING ON TURN 13. If two teams obtain Stylemaster Awards in 7 styles on the same turn, the goal will be increased to 8 Styles.

See above in red.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Consortium"][quote="Deke"]
Compostite Team Stylemaster awards. The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters. How about the tOTAL number of stylemasterawards?

I do not understand the difference between "The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters" and "the tOTAL number of stylemasterawards."

The number of Graduated Warrior will be tracked as part of the Team Graduation Counter.

I can track number of time the Dark Arena was used. Great idea. It will indicate manager style.

Up and Down challenges are VERY LABOR intensive because you have to use the previous turns newsletter. This would require RSI assistance.

The number of time the Duelmaster was held will be tracked as part of the Iron Throne Award.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Deke"][quote="The Consortium"]
Deke wrote:

I do not understand the difference between "The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters" and "the tOTAL number of stylemasterawards."
if a team gets five style awards on one turn the team only rec'd one of the 10 stylemasters once - but it rec'd five stylemaster awards total (perhaps we are reading to much into the semantics and you were really indicating the total number of stylemaster awards earned, rather that the number of times the team rec'd one?)

The number of Graduated Warrior will be tracked as part of the Team Graduation Counter.

I can track number of time the Dark Arena was used. Great idea. It will indicate manager style.

Up and Down challenges are VERY LABOR intensive because you have to use the previous turns newsletter. This would require RSI assistance.

The number of time the Duelmaster was held will be tracked as part of the Iron Throne Award.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can talk terrablood into making sure it is setup properly, the records section of his site should autoread and keep track of some of these, like the 5-0 turns, best 3 turn win loss, and a few others.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most Challenged Warrior

Most Avoided Warrior

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most Popular Warrior per turn

Popularity Leader

Least Popular Warrior per turn

Plus all the categories on the newsletter front page!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:

Compostite Team Stylemaster awards. The number of times a team has had one of the 10 stylemasters.

Any other ideas?

Quote:

$25 to the first team to reach 10 Team Kills. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 10 Team Kills on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most kills. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Kills, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most Kills in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 10 Team Kills.)

$25 to the first team to reach 75 Team Wins. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 75 Team wins on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most wins. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Wins, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most wins in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 75 Team Wins.)

$100 to the first team to reach 125 Team Fights. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 125 Team Fights on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most fights. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Fights, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most fights in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 125 Team Fights.) I hope I never give out this award {figure it out on your own.}

$25 to the first team to graduate 5 warriors to ADM. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 5 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 6 warriors. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 6 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 7 warriors, and so on.

The Iron Throne Award.
$25 to the first team to hold the DuelMaster for 10 turns STARTING ON TURN 13.

The Stylemaster Award.
$25 to the first team to hold the Stylemaster Award in 7 different styles, STARTING ON TURN 13. If two teams obtain Stylemaster Awards in 7 styles on the same turn, the goal will be increased to 8 Styles.

This is GREAT NEWS for me as far as writing a Spot in DM 81 every turn I can defer to Deke doing all this info and tailer my Spot in a different direction!

My time over here is limited and I plan to be writing Spots in the other arenas where I am activating stables!

Used to do some of this with the Niatoli Notebook in DM 33 [but I did it all by hand, not by computer assisted statistics tracking!

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:

<snip list>

Wow that's a lot to keep track of. FYI, I was planning on taking my "Annual Review" format and converting it to a Semester Review (every 13 turns) for the new arena. For an idea of what they look like, see the turn 240 newsletter from North Fork:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a047t240.htm

P.S. Obviously the Tourney Report portion won't apply.

Known primarily for being a wise-ass
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drake,

I am very interested in how you obtain this information and what you use for formatting options.

Maybe there will be enough interest to generate a web site just for Arena 81.

Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
Drake,

I am very interested in how you obtain this information and what you use for formatting options.

Maybe there will be enough interest to generate a web site just for Arena 81.

I have an application (okay, it's actually just an Access Database with VBA code attached to it) that reads the newsletters and parses them for the needed data.

If you're specifically curious about the Up/Down challenge code (I noticed a brief discussion of it earlier), that's truly the most error-prone part as it only has warrior names to match on. If you get two warriors in the arena with the same name & spelling there's no way to distinguish between them. So, I try to keep and eye out for that and manually edit challenges that would be impossible (such as an Init challenging a Challenger Champ). Fortunately that's a very rare occurance in Basic (and part of the reason why I don't do this any more in ADM).

As for formatting, it's all plain text manipulations by the code. For a website, I suppose I could alter the output to do HTML but I haven't touched the stuff much since the 90s and back then I was only a dabbler.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI, I actually sent you to the wrong one. Turn 241 was actually done in the most current format:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a047t241.htm

There's not a lot of difference (it's a little prettier in my mind) and I added the winning/losing streak data.

Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drake wrote:
FYI, I actually sent you to the wrong one. Turn 241 was actually done in the most current format:

There's not a lot of difference (it's a little prettier in my mind) and I added the winning/losing streak data.

Drake's work in DM 47 is excellent and anything he can do to help enhance DM 81 is a plus!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
Drake wrote:

Drake's work in DM 47 is excellent and anything he can do to help enhance DM 81 is a plus!

Amen to that!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum