New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Arena 81- SHadowspire
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Deke and all I believe I owe it to you guys to write the intro spotlight to arena 81. So I will set up the arena prologue over the break; look for it in our first newsletter.

Furry fury is in the mail already, see you on the sands.

Grimm
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Write your spotlight anyways, but there is no assurances that RSI will rename the arena.

I sent the results to Lee via e-mail.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
MasterBeru
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
Write your spotlight anyways, but there is no assurances that RSI will rename the arena.

I sent the results to Lee via e-mail.

Any reply from the "High King"??
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: DekeYoung@comcast.net
Subject: Re: D2 Forum vote for Arena 81 name suggestion
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:31:53 +0000

Well, as I said before, it did have a name--but Shadowspire is kinda neat, and Judith says she can work it into the fiction, so that's okay.

Lee

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So it will be Shadowspire? Great! Poor Heather lost he Glenn...

One other possibility I think I mentioned before that might work well in the literature would be to allow us to use one of the other two names (Bloodhome/Renaissance) as the name of the arena building in the city of Shadowspire. So, for example, there is Soldier Field in Chicago, we could have the Bloodhome or Renaissance Arena in Shadowspire.

It is probably a bit long, I had really been thinking about this if we were stuck with Heather Glenn, but even if it didn't get on the newsletter it could still show up in the literature. Just a thought...

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oops, one other question. Does anybody know where this wonderful city is located? All of my maps of Alastari are about 15 years old and no city called "Heather Glenn" or "Shadowspire" appears on them.

Also, I have gotten the impression that this is a Delarq arena - is it?

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would rather have this arena feed into an unnamed No-Tournament ADM regional arena.

Only the No-Tournament arenas should feed the No-Tournament ADM. Anyone can transfer out of a No-Tournament Arena or ADM, but nobody can transfer INTO a No-Tournament Arena or ADM.

DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deke wrote:
I would rather have this arena feed into an unnamed No-Tournament ADM regional arena.

Only the No-Tournament arenas should feed the No-Tournament ADM. Anyone can transfer out of a No-Tournament Arena or ADM, but nobody can transfer INTO a No-Tournament Arena or ADM.

I really like this idea. I hope this will happen and the first round of graduates go to this ADM.

Scott
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pardon my skepticism, but I don't think this would end up working. I truly hope it would, but I have the feeling RSI is opening up 81 from an old arena (and if that is so, I think it is a Delarquian arena) that has been closed. I have an old list of arenas that I will check when I find the box when we move the garage back in the house. RSI would have to create a new arena to do anything with the immortals.

It would be interesting to have this concept, and managers that don't have Primus quality warriors could continue to run favorite warriors in this realm. No more worrying about how blessed the warrior is off the roll-up and no more worrying about how much money is wasted for those that will be retired after graduation.

Maybe when things get better I can throw a team into this arena and go from there. Good luck to all the positive changes and a place to negate the emphasis of tournaments.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
MasterBeru
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Pardon my skepticism, but I don't think this would end up working. I truly hope it would, but I have the feeling RSI is opening up 81 from an old arena (and if that is so, I think it is a Delarquian arena) that has been closed.

I think you are correct here. If memory serves when the game began to boom and they started opening new arenas like crazy there was talk about arenas up to the 90s with ADM in the 100s series and tourneys in the 200s series. None of that talk came from RSI that I know of, but I think there was optimism about adding the new arenas. I have fuzzy memories about submitting a team for an arena in the high 70s or low 80s range which got sent elsewhere due to "Lack of interest" in the new arena. (Of course this was after they jumped from ~40 arenas to 70 arenas along with adding five more AD games.)

If you ask me, I think RSI should consider having a few "new" arenas which run for 24 turns and then dump the warriors who are still there into another arena. Spell it out initially and then let managers sign up if they want to be a part of the "new" arenas. There is a certain allure for most people about being part of something new. This is a tried and true business principle which is why most new leaders declare some new operation or strategy. (It's also why we itch to buy the latest cars, computers, gadgets, and gizmos. Very Happy )

WOW!! It happened!! My marketing degree did come in handy for something!!!

MB
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum