New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - OFFICIAL SCORES TURN 5
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have to admit that we SCOMSS Fellows are looking forward with gusto to seeing the scores posted, including the FTF results in the next newsletter.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Have to admit that we SCOMSS Fellows are looking forward with gusto to seeing the scores posted, including the FTF results in the next newsletter.

I would have posted them last time, but Baphomet told me to wait till the results were posted by RSI in the newsletter. Who knows how long that will take.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well...here's how I'm beginning to look at it:

A. All the SNAFU's from RSI, HAL, etc. it will be a difficult situation to have to wait until the results from the April Mailer are printed in the NL..used to be the following NL issue, but in recent months/years...that hasn't been the case....

B. Case in point...Regional News...that got cut out and I'm still steamed about that...AND I WANT IT FREAKIN BACK!!!

So, Trip...if you want to add the scores for TVs and TCs then by all means, do so before things get outta hand. I've already got the masses ready to burn me in ephagie and hang me by my toenails...

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -- Ronald Reagan
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A. All the SNAFU's from RSI, HAL, etc. it will be a difficult situation to have to wait until the results from the April Mailer are printed in the NL..used to be the following NL issue, but in recent months/years...that hasn't been the case....

Hah! Now I can reveal that during the last Turf War, I was the one responsible for making sure that all of the tourney results were promptly present in the next newsletter (since there were multipliers and all).

Seeing as my team got no TVs, I was no rush to do it this turn. Hopefully someone else did, if not, guess we can't add the tourney points yet!
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I can gather from the NL, there was 4 TV's from 47. Mannequin had 2 Barbarino and Jethro. Master Darque had one with Smokescreen. Iron Legion (the team) had one with Hammer.

JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
As far as I can gather from the NL, there was 4 TV's from 47. Mannequin had 2 Barbarino and Jethro. Master Darque had one with Smokescreen. Iron Legion (the team) had one with Hammer.

If I remember correctly, Iron Legion belongs to Seraphim, on the Iron Council team.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:

If I remember correctly, Iron Legion belongs to Seraphim, on the Iron Council team.

Yeah it is. But we stil lost points to those "on the take" bastards of SCOMMS with their 2 TV's. Those guys suck! They must be Irish or something with their luck and priority challenges, etc.

Jekyll, the un-bitter

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
JGW wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:

Yeah it is. But we stil lost points to those "on the take" bastards of SCOMMS with their 2 TV's. Those guys suck! They must be Irish or something with their luck and priority challenges, etc.

Jekyll, the un-bitter

R u sure, Jekyll?

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -- Ronald Reagan
JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baphomet wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:
JGW wrote:
Soultaker69 wrote:

Jekyll, the un-bitter

R u sure, Jekyll?

Yeah Im sure. Just like giving them a hard time. Give props where it is due. THese guys got a North Fork dynasty going so its easy to hate them..... kind of like Duke in the mid 90's.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Yeah Im sure. Just like giving them a hard time. Give props where it is due. THese guys got a North Fork dynasty going so its easy to hate them..... kind of like Duke in the mid 90's.

North Fork dynasty? 1 Turf War win out of 4 is a dynasty?
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

2 out of 4 if the present course maintains. And in all seriousness, who counts 1 and 4?

TW1--Teams were awarded points based upon how many minutes the fight lasted. The group with the best scum won.

TW2--Was held in Erinika. Crip and Mannequin were part of the winning squad if I remember correctly (maybe Consortium?).

TW3--SCOMSS won it hands down.

TW4--Ridiculous multipliers for tourney success, most especially a TC. Sentinel hits the TC then offs two champs in the arena sealing the contest up before it was even half way over.

TW5--Just look at the score card. Barring a disaster of biblical scale, they have a comfortable lead. It isn't out of reach, but comfortable.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Baphomet
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

2 out of 4 if the present course maintains. And in all seriousness, who counts 1 and 4?

TW1--Teams were awarded points based upon how many minutes the fight lasted. The group with the best scum won.

TW2--Was held in Erinika. Crip and Mannequin were part of the winning squad if I remember correctly (maybe Consortium?).

TW3--SCOMSS won it hands down.

TW4--Ridiculous multipliers for tourney success, most especially a TC. Sentinel hits the TC then offs two champs in the arena sealing the contest up before it was even half way over.

TW5--Just look at the score card. Barring a disaster of biblical scale, they have a comfortable lead. It isn't out of reach, but comfortable.

I could take offense to the TW4 comments, but since you didn't say I was a ridiculous host...I'll leave it be (grin).

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

That's not how I remember it. (It wasn't in Erinika) I was in TW2 as part of MOTO, and one of the smaller alliances won it. (Fizban's team?) Am I thinking of the wrong thing or was there two?

Quote:

Definitely not the people who lost.

Last edited by Managerr on Thu May 17, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darn it, I don't have newsletters that go back that far.

But I do know that there was a Turf War competition won by EPA (Crip, Assur, Mannequin, Mun, and Spawn). I guess that's the closest things to a SCOMMS equivalent, but seeing as it wasn't in DM 47, let's disqualify it from a "North Fork Dynasty" and instead add the Swampvivor contest, which was won by Kat.

So, 1 for 4!
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, my apologies to my old pal and partner, Mr. Coffee who won the Swampvivor Competition. Kat won Swamp Jeopardy! (1 for 5!)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic