New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1587

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TURN 1 - SPOILERS! Do not look if you don't want to know!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

***CORRECTED SCORES***

Welcome to turn 1 of the Battle Royal!

We have a healthy number of teams so far and I am sure more will sneak in soon enough! I am going to post the teams below by turn declared, team name, team number, manager name and total # of fights/fights possible. Then I will post the scores.

DECLARED TURN 618

The Grateful Undead #566 - Street Legal - 5/5
Odin's Chosen - #562 - Heathen Hatebreed - 0/5
Pipeline 115 - #686 - Champion - 5/5
Wizardguard - #175 - The Ancient One - 5/5

DECLARED TURN 619 - Turn 1 of Contest

Of Wolf and Man II - #630 - Tripwire - 5/5
Sea Dogs - #224 - One Armed Bandit - 5/5
Ghost Riders Too - #477 - Bladerunner - 5/5
Ravens Song - #687 - Snafu - 5/5
Run and Hyde - #537 - Jekyll - 2/5
Lurocian Pride - #654 - The Greek Guy - 5/5
Superior Forces 6N - #493 - Manager - 2/5

As always! CHECK YOUR SCORES! Only scores that count are against contestants. Turn 1 and Ghost Riders Too jumps out to a 1 point lead over Superior Forces and Of Wolf and Man. Manager only ran 2 warriors and it seemed to pay off as one got a kill! Most people fought all 5 warriors to start. We will have to see if the endurance pot is worth the possible losses! Looks like Suave is challenging away, so I suppose people will be avoiding from now on. REMEMBER, PLEASE when you avoid, ENSURE it is not a current contest team. I get an avoid report every turn.

Best name so far: The Duke of Spook!

Good luck to all!

TURN 1 SCORES

Ghost Riders Too: Total: +3
Dirt Bath: +1
Shaderunner: +1
The Duke of Spook: 0
Acheron: +1
Aerobic Zombie: 0

Superior Forces 6N: Total: +2
Sallanche: +2
Dead Urn: 0

Of Wolf and Man II: Total: +2
The Closer: +1
Zelana: 0
Raashub: +1
Nikki: +1
Big Tom Stud: -1

Sea Dogs: Total: +1
Spare Anchor: +1
Stowaway: -1
Plankton: +1
Driftwood: +1
Chum Bucket: -1

Run and Hyde: Total: 0
Mervyn: 0
Dissident: 0
DA: 0

Lurocian Pride: Total: 0
Tarek: 0
Tamarek: -1
Tialis: +1

Odin's Chosen: Total: 0
A.D. Bound: 0
Randgrith: 0
ISA: 0
D.A. Bound: 0
Swift Steel: 0

Wizardguard: Total: -1
Frank N' Berry: +1
Fabulous Mr Fox: -1
Choco Boba Baby: +1
Harpy The Shrew: -1
Deathstalker Too: -1

Ravens Song: Total: -1
Draque Vloode: 0
Elazu Danin: 0
Kreese Alore: +1
Gruush: -1
Duge Mcglorn: -1

Pipeline 115: Total: -2
Lion Heart: -1
Untouchable Star: -1

The Grateful Undead: Total: -3
Galloping Ghost: 0
Meshuggah Mummy: -1
Bubbly Baalzebub: -1
Grumpy Ghoul: 0
Steeley Shadow: -1
[/b]

Last edited by Tripwire on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well this sucks a nice 1-4 turn compounded by my Galloping Ghost graduating with 16 PPs. He isn't extremely high in skills so I'm somewhat perplexed by this graduation. Oh well. I haven't received my turn yet so I'm going to guess HI/HI LO fave, ATT learn, and if he gets a tactic I'd guess Dodge (He has dabbled with all of them so I have an inclanation no tactic).

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Big Error on my part. In fact NO ONE avoided! For some reason in my report I had down that Center for Olds was in the contest on the avoidance report.

I sent an appology to both teams in question. Neither of them had a foul.

Therefore I am correcting the scores above and no one avoided. That was my mistake and I am sorry if anyone took offense. It was not my intention!
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone see any errors in the scores?

I am going to post these in the NL and want to make sure everything looks sound..
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would guess there isn't more discussion because most people realize that this contest is a marathon, and not a sprint....

Everything was right with me. The funny thing is that I wondered why Dead Urn didn't run in the tourney. But it looks like I put his strategy sheet in the wrong box as he ran in the first turn and not in the actual tournament. (Fortunately he won)

I was thinking that Snafu is the worst ringer ever (I mean, "Ravens Song?"), but research shows he just recently came from 93, so he if he is a ringer, that's very clever.
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad this is a marathon as two of my warriors ran with with the same strat as my DA guys. They ran 1-1-1 naked open handed....so if you got two easy wins off these guys dont expect it next turn when they have a real strategy.
TGG
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
I'm glad this is a marathon as two of my warriors ran with with the same strat as my DA guys. They ran 1-1-1 naked open handed....so if you got two easy wins off these guys dont expect it next turn when they have a real strategy.
TGG

Yea that happened to me once when I thought I had a strat in but it was a tourney warrior and I asked them to run it on maintenance. Took 2 turns in 82 before I realized I was fighting like that.
Suave
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To make life easier, my team number is 108, and I like to make ridiculous downchallenges. If you're 0-1 and I have a 33 point challenger init with 10+ fights, odds are he's trying to come your way.

The better your guy, the less chance I have of wanting to fight him. It's a simple procedure, really.

Think of me as a Consortium type, with much worse managerial skills and a complete lack of Andorian morals. I run most of the crap I receive and the best (and often only) shot I have of winning is taking the cheap and easy route. I've been doing it in 100 for years (and I'm still sub-.500).

Thanks for recognizing me. Some of my 1000+ wins in Talcama are legit. Blind squirrels and nuts, y'know. Good luck in the Battle Royale, and thanks for providing me with sufficient fodder.

-- Suave
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
To make life easier, my team number is 108, and I like to make ridiculous downchallenges. If you're 0-1 and I have a 33 point challenger init with 10+ fights, odds are he's trying to come your way.

From a strategic standpoint, I do want to point out to any BR participants that may be irritated is that it's better to be downchallenged and lose to Suave by 30 points than it is to be downchallenged by another BR manager and lose to them by 30 points, as losses to Suave don't count towards your score. Suave can be most irritating when he's challenging the same loser you are and his gets through. Sad
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Suave wrote:

The better your guy, the less chance I have of wanting to fight him. It's a simple procedure, really.

Think of me as a Consortium type, with much worse managerial skills and a complete lack of Andorian morals. I run most of the crap I receive and the best (and often only) shot I have of winning is taking the cheap and easy route. I've been doing it in 100 for years (and I'm still sub-.500).

Thanks for recognizing me. Some of my 1000+ wins in Talcama are legit. Blind squirrels and nuts, y'know. Good luck in the Battle Royale, and thanks for providing me with sufficient fodder.

-- Suave

Hey I wasn't complaining, hell you sound like a extremely studly manager that I know :whistle:
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic