New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1578

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset - 636
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2-2 for the Bazaar with Yodle Layhe Who not fighting...not sure why, I am pretty sure I sent in the roll-up. I will have to wait till Mon to find out if I get the overview or not.

Grandaddy defends his throne against Famine's challenge. I really did not expect him to challenge.

Nomad, sorry about Battlecry, I hope your replacement is a good one. Mind telling us what he looks like?

I will give King Tootnpootn's stats later when I get home, I do not have his stats here at drill with me.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Battlecry: 10-5-12-17-9-14-17
Advanced Exp riposte, Master attack, expert parry. One skill from expert in defense and decise. He also had 7 fe from tournaments.

On one hand, with only a 17 deftness he had no AD future. But on the other hand, he was finally reaching the point where he had the skills (or should have!) to do more than just have great attack. This is where aimers really become fun. And he died.

He is actually the second 14 win aimer I have had die in this arena. Ursa Minor also died on me. Perhaps I am just destined to not get an aimer out of this arena? Actually, I am seriously pondering if I should just send the whole lot of them to the DA next turn. It isn't my normal mode of operation, but right now they just stink. Hopefully the turn shows on Monday so I can see if they learned anything this time.

0-5 with a death. Yuck.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, my friend, 0-5 and losing your top warrior couldn't bite worse...I've had that "just DA the lot of them!" feeling a lot lately too, but I've thus far resisted. I've thought for a while now that Cather is perhaps the most dangerous warrior in the arena, Sherman's got a good one on his hands there. He's fast, too.

3-2 for me, turn didn't come Saturday. More later.

Daemonspawn
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2-2 for me.

I suppose I shouldn't be happy, as my only wins were to RSI NPCs, but somehow I can't really be bothered about that, considering how poorly I've been doing.

This game is a lot harder than it was back in the early 90's...

Fuzzy Bunnies - Shadowspire
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Daemonspawn wrote:
2-2 for me.

I suppose I shouldn't be happy, as my only wins were to RSI NPCs, but somehow I can't really be bothered about that, considering how poorly I've been doing.

This game is a lot harder than it was back in the early 90's...

Yeah, it is. But hang in there. And ask for help when you need/want it. It is also very interesting being able to chart learns and things like that a lot more closely.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King Tootnpootn

17(+2)-15(+2)-18-12(+2)-21(+3)-5(+1)-7(+1)

TREM END/CARRY/DMG TAKING and DOES(did) AWESOME DMG
EXP ATT

Wouldn't learn to save his life so I killed him.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
King Tootnpootn

17(+2)-15(+2)-18-12(+2)-21(+3)-5(+1)-7(+1)

TREM END/CARRY/DMG TAKING and DOES(did) AWESOME DMG
EXP ATT

Wouldn't learn to save his life so I killed him.

Always tough to give the axe to a warrior with awesome damage, they come around so rarely in any playable form. I think I've only had two of them, ever. Did he train into it at 17 ST or was he born with it? You'd think the skill wouldn't be too bad with a 11-12 WT but yeah, you never know. Sometimes they're just dumb as stumps...

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

Always tough to give the axe to a warrior with awesome damage, they come around so rarely in any playable form. I think I've only had two of them, ever. Did he train into it at 17 ST or was he born with it?

He was born with it, all the TREM stuff however was trained into. When I first started to train skills he actually learned 4 skills but from then on it was either nothing (most of the time) or only 1 skill. Plus he had no ADM potential and I have Grandaddy who is a much better BA. In fact, going into this turn Grandaddy has been averaging 3.0 skills a turn.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Stik wrote:

Always tough to give the axe to a warrior with awesome damage, they come around so rarely in any playable form. I think I've only had two of them, ever. Did he train into it at 17 ST or was he born with it?

He was born with it, all the TREM stuff however was trained into. When I first started to train skills he actually learned 4 skills but from then on it was either nothing (most of the time) or only 1 skill. Plus he had no ADM potential and I have Grandaddy who is a much better BA. In fact, going into this turn Grandaddy has been averaging 3.0 skills a turn.

It all depends on how you determine AD potential. There are warriors like this being trained for a run at freshmen. Physicals monsters like the king at 25-25-18-12-25-5-7
The skill levels would still be low or you wouldn't be running freshmen. But the physicals would be beastly. It is worth noting that I have never done such a thing myself, but there have been some forum posts on such things recently. Just a thought for the future.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Stik wrote:

It all depends on how you determine AD potential. There are warriors like this being trained for a run at freshmen. Physicals monsters like the king at 25-25-18-12-25-5-7
The skill levels would still be low or you wouldn't be running freshmen. But the physicals would be beastly. It is worth noting that I have never done such a thing myself, but there have been some forum posts on such things recently. Just a thought for the future.

If I were to ever consider that there is always the dead tourney

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This really sucks, not only did Yodle Layhe Who not fight but she wasn't even in the envelope...NO Overview. I don't even know if they have her. I know I don't have her here I double checked thinking maybe I forgot to mail her in, she is not here. I quess I have to call on WED. Crying or Very sad

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it seems my patience with 0-5 turns is limited. I did indeed make use of the Dark Arena for this next turn. It is a very un-Nomad like thing to do - I usually enjoy the challenge of running some average warriors. I don't DA very much. But a whole bag of them was too much. And as a group they were boring.

So 3 of the 4 Tribesmen left standing after last turn will be heading to the night fights. The new guy is a keeper. One of the four will stay, I will let you try and figure out which one. If any of the three sent to the night fights should survive, I will probably allow them to return to the the guildhouse.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
BillTheBard
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Well, it seems my patience with 0-5 turns is limited. I did indeed make use of the Dark Arena for this next turn.

Tough break losing Battlecry. Good luck with the replacements. And belated congrats on the 300 win plateau. That's a nice achievement.

Team Blackstaff 47
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic